Bostik Kitchen & Bathroom Silicone is a acetic (acetoxy) curing sealant.
Specially formulated to resist mildew even when exposed to prolonged hot and humid environments. The sealant does not provide or maintain a nutrient surface for fungus. It effectively seals glass, coated aluminium, wood, glazed ceramic tiles, fibreglass, vitreous enamel and most laminated surfaces. Ideal for sealing around bathtubs, shower stalls, wall fixtures, rimless sinks, kitchen and bathroom fixtures and may be used for ceramic tile grouting. Bostik Kitchen & Bathroom Silicone may be used both indoors and outdoors.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Anti Fungal
- High flexibility
Tooling / Skin Time: 5 minute s
Tack Free Time: 30 mins
Cure Time (To 10mm depth @ 23?C & 50% RH): 5-7 days
Application Range: 10?C to +60?C
Performance Range: -62?C to +177?C
Hardness Shore A (ASTM D- 2440): 28
Tensile Strength (ASTM D-412): 2208 Kpa
Sag, Slump: 0.1 inches max
Specific Gravity: 1.05
Cure Method: Acetoxy
UV and Ozone resistance: Excellent
300ml Plastic cartridges
Colours Available White, Translucent
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- On contact, uncured sealant irritates skin and eyes and may cause sensitisation by skin contact.
- Gloves and protective goggles must be worn during application and use.
- If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Give a glass of water and see a doctor.
- If skin contact occurs, remove contaminated clothing and wash skin thoroughly for a minimum of 15 minute s
- If poisoning occurs, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre (Australia 131 126; NZ 03 4747 000) or a doctor at once.
- For more detailed information refer to Material Safety Data Sheet
Bostik Kitchen & Bathroom Silicone can be cleaned with Mineral Turpentine before fully cured.
When stored at or below 30?C Bostik Kitchen & Bathroom Silicone has a shelf life of 12 months from date of manufacture. All materials should be stored under cover in a manner that will prevent damage preferably on pallets.
Bostik Kitchen & Bathroom Silicone is not recommended for:
- Structural Glazing
- Areas subject to permanent water immersion, ie swimming pools, spas, aquariums, etc. Should not be used in chlorinated water such as swimming pools, spas etc.
- Direct contact with bituminous or pitch based adhesives or membranes as bleed through discolouration will occur.
- Areas where physical abrasion is encountered.
- Not paintable
For granite, marble or porous masonry and stone materials, Bostik Plumbseal is recommended. Plumbseal is also paintable.
Please Read Techincal Data sheet Carefully Before Using This Product...